Music can guide you through your darkest hours, your happiest moments, and even your most potent of defeats. 2017 had some of the best new artists and some pretty great songs, the list below will give you your music lowdown and will be the only guide you will ever need to the greatest music of last year.
1. New Rules – Dua Lipa – Funky with a cool beat, Dua Lipa discusses relationship woes in her top hit.
2. Wild Thoughts – DJ Khaled, Rhianna, Bryson Tiller – Rhianna and DJ Khaled make a great pair in this song, a catchy pop song that is perfect for a summer pool party.
3. I’m the One – DJ Khaled, Justin Beiber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper – Khaled knocked it out of the park in 2017 in terms of catchy and fun songs. This is the kind of song you play to keep people happy at your late night party.
4. Shape of You – Ed Sheeran – Another top hit for Sheeran, Shape of You is undoubtedly one of the best for 2017, with a fast pace and relatable lyrics, it’ll get stuck in your head and you won’t even be mad about it.
5. HUMBLE – Kendrick Lamar – Lamar raps his heart out in this song, which expresses the intricacies of staying humble.
6. That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars – A catchy Bruno Mars song to brighten up your day, this song is a great song to dance to.
7. Havana – Camila Cabello – Smooth with a South American feel, Cabello’s lyrics and voice make Havana one of the best of the year.
8. Swish Swish – Katy Perry – Perry has had some duds as of late, but Swish Swish is a fun and quirky song, that reminds you that life is too short not to swish…and then swish some more.
9. Every Single Night – Computer Games – Released by the band Computer Games (made up of brothers Darren and Chuck Criss), Every Single Night is an electric pop song that will have you dancing around the room in no time.
10. Sorry Not Sorry – Demi Lovato – This fearless track by Lovato gives you all the empowerment you need to go and be proud of the decisions you make.
There were so many great hits for 2017, it was hard to narrow it down. Do you think I missed any? What were your top hits?